Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"Black and stopped as a dead baby."

"To the person in the bell jar, black and stopped as a dead baby, the world itself is a bad dream." - The Bell Jar, Sylvia Plath.

It's funny how things change over time. When I was younger, in Elementary and Middle School, I would try my best not to finish a novel because I wanted the sensation to last - I would never want the story to end. So I would read as much as I could and then read it over, in hopes that I wouldn't finish the book and end the journey. Now, I want to read as much as I can to gain as much from the novel as possible. I'm still a slow reader, and always will be, but I enjoy it to the fullest. I don't stretch out the time reading it just so the story will never end, for the story wont end once it's over. That's what's so great about writing, whether the book is still being read or hasn't been for years, a good story will never die. For example, The Bell Jar. That story tells messages that will never be forgotten. Like every novel written by Jodi Picoult - nothing will fly with the wind.

CHANGE OF HEART BY JODI PICOULT will be out in stores MARCH 4TH.

No comments: