Monday, July 7, 2008

a busy july.

Camp Good Days was terrific. It always is. Last week was USA Alumni - the week for parents or siblings of campers who had had cancer in the past. It's interesting, I actually heard a few stories that is usually unusual for that week. It's sad to hear stories of death or sickness, but it's good to know that children still have the heart to interact with others similar to them. CGD&ST is such a magnificant place and I cannot wait to go back at the end of July.

This weekend is the annual Garage Party - yes, it's finally here. I'm quite excited and ready to get away for another few days. I love being with my family and hearing about their school experiences and their relationships with others. It has always been difficult for Carly and I to go up and try to fit in with the Fessettes because of our distance. However, the family party allows that difficulty to usually dissapear and I hope that this weekend allows that.

So, I miss having someone to fall into the arms of. I miss being able to simply cuddle on the couch while watching a movie or laugh in bed before falling asleep. It may sound cheesy - but it's true. I feel as if I'm surrounded by couples - my roommate, my ex-roommate, my friends. It's hard because I begin to wonder what I've done wrong in the past and what I should to correct it. I don't know, but I guess all I can do is wait.

No comments: