Monday, March 10, 2008

my own personal postsecret.com

CHECK OUT WWW.MONROEDOCTRINE.ORG!
I am the opinion editor for the MCC newspaper and now with this website up and running, whoever reads this blog can check out some of my articles. I also write for the lifestyles section. Enjoy!

Since recently discovering a website and book called PostSecret, in addition to writing an article for the paper about the interesting book, I will share some of my insecurities as well:

These are just some, but hey - why not!

- I wish I had been born with straight, blonde hair
- I love to write but am afraid that I will never be good enough
- I'm afraid my friends pretend to like me but really don't
- I think I'm fat and I absolutely hate it
- I wish I could get a job with an associates degree
- I am still working on overcoming my past/present 'habit'
- I miss singing and being in musicals
- I try so hard to make my sister be proud of me, but I don't think I work hard enough
- I am afraid of marriage because of all of the divorces
- I think my family is secretly dissapointed in me for not making it into a 4-year college
- I think my high school friends pretended for four years to like me - when they really never did
- I hate drinking beer but I drink it anyway
- I was surrounded by compulsive liars in my past and I fear that no one believes me either
- I wish my dad was different
- I could sleep all day if I had absolutely nothing to do
- I'm afraid I wont get anywhere with my life
- I'm afraid I will never get my book(s) published
- I think my roommates think I don't go to classes when I do
- I hated high school and if that's hell than I better go to heaven
- I want my mom to be happy
- I think I'm the weird one out of my group of friends
- I don't know what I'm doing after I graduate MCC

Those were just a few. Believe me, I have many more!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenni - you were the first person that popped into my mind when I was reading a book for a class. It's called All About Love by bell hooks. She's a famous black feminist writer who has written lots books on social issues. Since I can see you're on your way to becoming a published author, you might appreciate her personal writing style, and maybe some of the things she has to say as well. Or maybe not, i dunno lol. Just throwing all this out there if you feel inspired to try something new. Keep at it, take care of your beautiful self, and know that you are capable of making your life what you want it.
~a high school friend

Anonymous said...

Jenni, since you like PostSecret, you should really try CommonTies.com !

Anonymous said...

Jenni,

Don't worry so much about the future. Live for the now. There's plenty of time to let what will be fall into place, and there's no sense in rushing through an exciting and wonderful college experience just to race into what's afterwards. You rock, and I know that fate will reward you for having to deal with all you've been through.

I will say this; you've got a few guardian angels watching you, though.

~ Genjuu

Unknown said...

hey jenny U cna do anything especilaly ruin momentents(lol) good times but seriously i beleive in u all the way dont worry be happu got it good and rmeber Camp Good Days loves u and i do too

-dean