Saturday, June 13, 2009

rain, ducklings and words.

I've officially broken out of my writers block - thank god.  Last week I thought of the reason why I hadn't been able to concentrate on the stories I had been working on.  I need to actually get under the character's skin and become friends with them (if that sounds creepy at all, I'm sorry). When I had been writing Addiction, I knew every single character and could describe them in perfect detail.  Also, I need to write from the perspective of the character - like I did in Addiction.  It doesn't only make the story more interest, it makes the reader feel what the character feels and believe what the character believes.  Right now, I'm content with the story I'm writing. 

It's about three girls, Josie, Fay and Cady, who all end up at a hospital for totally different reasons.  One is there because of mental illness, one is there because of cancer and one is there because she is pregnant.  One day at lunch time, they all ironically end up at the same table and begin an interesting conversation.  After that date, they each meet there every day at noon. The story goes through the hardships that each girls pushes through and their personal issues they must deal with - love, identity and purpose. 

Still, I have no job and am just waiting for luck to find me.  However, until then, I have my book (I'm on page 27). 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No job? You should do both weeks of DAWG then! ;)

-jomo