Thursday, July 16, 2009

the smile of a black eyed susan.

Well, it finally looks like I snagged a summer babysitting job - for the next month until I head back to school. I'm still grateful that something came along, even if it's last minute. I will be watching two children, 4 and 9, from 9:30 - 4:30 Monday through Friday. The days I can't work (CGD&ST) Carly will take over. The money will be good to have, even if it's not that much.

I went to Plattsburgh this weekend for the annual Garage Party and it was fantastic, as always. Lots of dancing, alcohol and family - the perfect combonation. I stayed at the farm a few extra days and really got the chance to relax. I visited the piggies, calves and the goats and felt like a tryt country girl... in a way. It's so nice up there with the farms and the fields and the mountains and the lake. I can definately see myself living in the countryside other than in a big city. I like the atmosphere and how it is less chaotic, more peaceful.

I'm moving right along with the book I'm writing - Noon. It's really becoming a true, real story and I'm falling in love with the characters. It's funny because I'm not sure exactly how the story will end. If you're a writer, you know that the characters are what finish the story for you, not yourself.

No comments: