Tuesday, March 3, 2009

the madness of march - really?

JODI PICOULT'S NEW BOOK CAME OUT TODAY: HANDLE WITH CARE
It sounds like another thought provoking and controversial novel and I can't wait to begin reading it. I will let you know my thoughts about it when I finish it. Give me a couple weeks, though. I've been busy lately.

So, I've been really thinking about a new book to write. Okay, I know I say this all the time, but I really am researching for this next idea. It's complicated for me to describe it technically, but I will try:
A girl, Josie, who's twin brother, Mason, is diagnosed with Liver Cancer at 19 years old. Josie had Brain Cancer when she was three years old and has been in remission since. When the family moves to Baltimore to treat Mason's cancer at Johns Hopkins, Josie begins to become attracted to a patient, Trace, at the hospital who has Cardiomyopathy - a disease that slows and inflames the heart muscle. He has been sick for years and needs a heart transplant. Soon, the family is told that Mason needs a liver transplant or will become terminal and die. Josie soon finds out that Trace and Mason are blood matches and can transplant their organs to one another. However, who is willing to give up their life for someone else?

So yeah, that's what I'm going for right now. It's a family story; a story of sickness; a story of survival and a story of love. I've begun some research on the medical aspects of the story so I don't sound too dumb. But I'm kind of excited to start this. I miss writing and NEED to get back to it.

No comments: